Re: alphabetizing in notepad?

Gene

Not in Notepad.  I don't know about other programs.  But if you use find in Notepad, does it still matter to any extent?

I have a phone number file and a passwords file and I use find to search for something.

Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] alphabetizing in notepad?

Hi all,

I have a text file containing my user names and passwords that opens up
in notepad in windows 10. The way I have it organized is to have the
user name on a line by itself and the password underneath it, and on a
couple of them I have some other lines with answers to questions in case
I can't get into that particular account. I have a blank line separating
each entry. Is there a way in notepad to alphabetize these entries? When
I started this file several years ago I was just putting things in
random order as I had something new I wanted to put in the file, but now
there's quite a few entries and it would be easier to have everything
alphabetized.

Thanks.

Troy