Re: reading a PDF file

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

If you don’t have Convenient OCR, you could send it to me and I would run it through mine, and send you the text output.  It doesn’t sound like something private.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 6:08 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] reading a PDF file

I have sent this file to someone that will Braille it for me and yes, they are sighted and will scan it in and make sure all is correct.   The only problem is, that they will take a while to do this and I really need this asap.  In the long run it will be done, but to have a readable copy on my computer would be the best.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

No matter where you are, no matter how difficult things might appear to be, you are always being moved toward magnificence. Always.
Rhonda Byrne

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 6:02 AM

I hope the OCR is very accurate that you use.  You may know from the context whether the recipes are accurate in terms of numbers, but, unless OCR is more accurate than when I used it a fair amount many years ago, I might want to have a sighted person read anything requiring precise accuracy, such as recipes, which contain numbers.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:56 AM

I thought about that, but there are several recipes in there and I would really like them in a readable file that I can copy whatever I need.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

No matter where you are, no matter how difficult things might appear to be, you are always being moved toward magnificence. Always.
Rhonda Byrne

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:43 AM

Could you turn on your victor reader stream and record what you can of the pdf file from the voice-dream-scanner?  or call Be My Eyes, and have that victor running and have someone read it to you?  at least you'd have it on a recording, or maybe 90 percent ???

Best, Penny

On 1/26/2020 5:41 AM, Kay Malmquist wrote:

Hi Gene,

I was able to open it in Voice dream reader on my iPhone and it read it there.  Unfortunately, there isn't really any way to import the text from there to another file.  So, I know that the text is there, I just can't get it to a format that I can manipulate and copy the info that I need.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Rhonda Byrne

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:24 AM

Without knowing what you tried, no one knows if they are just sending information duplicating what you did. 

If programs like Kurzweil or Openbook or other such programs can't recognize the document, then I don't think there is anything you can do except the old fashoned expedient of hiring someone or getting a volunteer to record the image text in the file.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:24 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] reading a PDF file

Hi all,

For the most part I don't have problems with PDF files.  But when they are images and not OCR text I can not read them.  I got a book on the Keto life style and it is accompanied with a PDF and without that PDF it is pretty much useless.  I have tried a few things but haven't had any major success turning it in to a readable document.  Can anyone help me with this?  I would be very grateful.  Thanks in advance.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

Rhonda Byrne

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.