Re: Question: Using Echo Devices To Make Phone Calls

You have to go into your Alexa app and link your phone number with your account. You also have to allow her access to your contacts. Then you were able to tell her call whoever’s mobile or landline.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Jan 26, 2020, at 4:01 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

Hi Group,

I don't really need this feature but a friend of mine has it and for some reason, I can't get mine to work.

What my friend does is to simply say: 'Alexa, call Ron Canazzi.' The device then calls my home phone number. When I try doing this, Alexa says: 'Bob Blake has not yet signed up for Alexa calling. Ask Alexa to show contacts.'

I ask Alexa to show my contacts and I see all of them and when I double click on them, nothing happens.

What do I need to do to fully activate this feature?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"