Trying to revive an Asus 2 in 1 laptop

Norma A. Boge

Hi group,

I'm trying to bring an Asus Transporter Book Model T200TA-C2, running Win 8, back to life. I've had it on the adapter overnight and I'm getting a flashing amber light, nothing else. My efforts at searching the Asus community forums have been fruitless. Perhaps someone can give me an idea of whether the problem is 1. Bad AC adapter, 2. Bad battery, or 3. A little of both. This unit isn't critical, I just wanted to use it as a media center of sorts to attach to my home stereo system, to replace my refurbished HP Win 7 which has served me so well for so long.
BTW, the Asus was working fine when I shelved it several years ago. But, this is its second AC adapter, go figure.

Thanks all,
Norma