Re: Status Bar is Gone

Mike B

Hi All,

I need to make a correction to my post.  Yesterday and this morning my Win10 computer wouldn't read the customary info when pressing the keystroke, Insert + Pagedown, with Jaws or NVDA.  Well, I went looking in the View menu to see if the Status Bar was checked / turned on, and didn't find a Status Bar option, so I assumed the Status Bar option was gone after not finding it anywhere else, except in IE11.  I rebooted the computer a few different times and for whatever reason the keystroke, Insert _+ Pagedown, wouldn't read the info it's supposed to read.  Well, MS Support told me this morning that the Status Bar doesn't show as a Toolbar in the View menu in Windows 10, and the, Insert + Pagedown, keystroke started reading the info it's supposed to read while on the phone with MS Support.  Folks, I swear, I'm sober!  LOL  LOL 
Oh well, sorry for bothering y'all and I'm just glad whatever gremlins that were there are now gone.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Status Bar is Gone

But if you shift to screen review, you should return to object review after you use screen review.  The command is numpad insert numpad 1.  You may have to issue it more than once, depending where you are, but you will get back to object navigation.

If you don't switch back, some things may not work as expected.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Status Bar is Gone

Hi Mike,

Are you talking about the status bar in Windows Explorer or This PC?  If so, and if you are using NVDA, the hotkey insert + end key will not read the status line.  You can easily read it by using screen review (insert + keypad 7) and then move to the bottom of the screen with shift + keypad 9. 

On 1/27/2020 9:29 AM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

Running Win10 Pro 1909.18363.592.  I don't have a status bar anywhere except in IE11.  Has anyone else had this happen, and if so how did you get the status bar back?  My registry settings are correct according to the Microsoft help pages regarding this topic, but the status bar is gone, even on my data drive.  All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.