Re: Status Bar is Gone

Mike B

Hi Ron,

That is checked.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Status Bar is Gone

Hi Mike,

Just as in past versions of Windows, you must display the status bar under the menus for it to show up.
With the ribbon menu, highlight the view tab, then navigate to the folder options item and press enter and then under the view tab, move to the advanced list of items and check the box that says: 'show the status bar.'

On 1/27/2020 12:22 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi Ron & Gene,

There's no Status Bar to read with either Jaws or NVDA.  That's wht I mean when I say the Status Bar is gone / not showing.  It's now showing in the View menu anywhere except in IE11.

Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 6:55 AM

But if you shift to screen review, you should return to object review after you use screen review.  The command is numpad insert numpad 1.  You may have to issue it more than once, depending where you are, but you will get back to object navigation.

If you don't switch back, some things may not work as expected.

Gene
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 8:48 AM

Hi Mike,

Are you talking about the status bar in Windows Explorer or This PC?  If so, and if you are using NVDA, the hotkey insert + end key will not read the status line.  You can easily read it by using screen review (insert + keypad 7) and then move to the bottom of the screen with shift + keypad 9. 

On 1/27/2020 9:29 AM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

Running Win10 Pro 1909.18363.592.  I don't have a status bar anywhere except in IE11.  Has anyone else had this happen, and if so how did you get the status bar back?  My registry settings are correct according to the Microsoft help pages regarding this topic, but the status bar is gone, even on my data drive.  All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.