Re: JAWS: Space Markers in Word

Gene

I didn't write the name of the version correctly.  It is Word Starter edition.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] JAWS: Space Markers in Word

Try this.  I have Word started edition.  But you may well find the same thing in your version of Word.  In the home ribbon, tab until you get to things dealing with fonts.  Keep tabbing and see if you get to a show all button.  If it is indicated as being pressed, press the space bar on it.  Even if it isn't pressed, press the space bar.  You can always toggle it to the other setting.  This will probably solve your problem.

This setting, when on, shows a lot for formatting codes in documents you don't usually see.  And I tested with an old version of NvDA.  It didn't see the code when I had show all on.  it just said space. Evidently, the current version, assuming that is what you are using, doesn't show these codes either.