Re: Navigating Links in Outlook with JAWS

Gene

Press the numpad slash, the left click in the JAWS cursor instead of using enter on links.  But don't go into JAWS mode.  Stay in the virtual pc cursor.  This works around a bug in JAWS.  I don't know why it does but it does.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:28 PM
To: Talk
Subject: [TechTalk] Navigating Links in Outlook with JAWS

I subscribe to this and other lists on groups.io in daily summary mode. This means I receive one message per day with links to messages posted the previous day. While navigating such a message with JAWS, when I press Enter on a link, I end up on a page other than the one I wanted. This happens no matter whether I’m navigating with the down arrow or Tab key. I don’t have this issue with NVDA. So, is there a trick to navigating links in Outlook with JAWS? I’m not finding any information in the help files on this. So, I’d appreciate any ideas anyone has.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...