Re: the VIP thermostat

Troy Burnham

Thanks Mike. I likely have both the manual and the disk somewhere around here, and I have sighted help available. I downloaded your files however.

Troy

On 1/29/2020 9:01 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Troy,

It definitely takes being able to see to change the cycle / split rate.  Do you have the manual or CD that came with the thermostat?  I can send you steps, but if I were you I would choose the cycle / split rate to be set at 2.  I explained the using a 4 split, but the default is supposed to be 2.

Below is a direct Dropbox link for a folder with several notes I've made  along with the files from the book and CD that come with the VIP thermostat.

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the VIP thermostat

Mike,

Can we adjust that without professional help? Meaning do we need to call the company that installed the thermostat and have them do this?

Troy

On 1/29/2020 3:38 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Troy,

It sounds like your cycle / split rate needs to be looked at.  This controls when the AC or Heat starts & stops.  If your set thermostat temperature is 75º for the AC and the split rate is set at 4, then the AC will start when the room temperature is 2º above set temperature and shut off when the room temperature hits 2º below set temperature.

For heat, if the Thermostat is set at 75º and split rate is 4 the heat will come on at 2º below set temperature and shut off at 2º above set temperature.

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:28 PM

I had my thermostat installed by a guy who works at an air conditioner
installation company because I figured he'd know how to do it.

I forgot to mention in my original note that we also looked up the
jumper switch settings in the manual and made sure they were correct.

Troy