From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Parsons
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 2:55 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the VIP thermostat

Hi all,

If you knew that the thermostat was nine degrees off, why didn't you
just set it for sixty-five and write to the company to see if there
was a way to recalibrate the thing? That's throwing out the baby with
the bath water. If there wasn't a way to recalibrate the thing, then
just set it for sixty-five and forget it! Having a talking thermostat
would seem to be more important than nine degrees of temperature.
<sigh> Maybe I have too much common sense? I have a tactile
thermostat here that was installed by RG&E ages ago. Mine runs a bit
low, so I set the thing higher and it makes the house the way I like it.

Ann P.