Re: the VIP thermostat

andy.tidwell

Hello Mike what I mean about locking the thermostat is locking the up and down buttons for turning the air or heat up and down because when people come in they want to set the heat or air to there liking and the only way I know what it is set on is to check it after they leave. The thermostat seams to be doing ok if people would leave it alone.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:45 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the VIP thermostat

Hi Andy,

The only way I know of is to run the thermostat in manual mode, all programs turned off, but you would have to switch from AC to Heat manually which you have to do anyways.  But, let's say you wanted to have the stat on 75º, and if your cycle / split rate is at 1, 2, or whatever you wouldn't stay at a constant 75º anyways, it'll always fluctuate according to the cycle / split rate.  It's better to have the, economically speaking anyways,  cycle / split rate set on, 2, to give a combination of comfort and not kicking the system off / on too often.

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:46 PM

Hello Mike, I have a question for you. Is there any way to lock the temperature so it can’t be changed ? I haven’t found anything in the book about that feature.