Re: a gmail question

Gene

GMail should learn as you mark messages as not spam that such messages aren't.  I never had many incorrectly marked, but after telling GMail that the incorrect ones aren't spam a number of times, it almost never happens any more.  I don't see any connection between a new computer and what is occurring, but if there is one, what I'm saying should solve the problem.  Meanwhile, if your e-mail program uses a spam filter, while I don't think it will matter at all regarding this problem, turn off spam filtering.  the Google spam filter does a good job and you won't have to worry about checking two spam folders.  And, even though its not something you may want to do, I would say to checkk the spam folder in GMail far more often until the problem is resolved, perhaps once a week or once every two or three days.

Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2020 3:00 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a gmail question

Hi Group:

This has happened to me several times.  I usually have to go to g mail once a month and check my spam folder and if there is a lot of messages, I have to check the box as no spam and then they go to my inbox.  It's a pain in the neck.  I never had this problem before until I got this new computer.  Hope this helps and other people can suggest something we can do permanently disable our mail from going to spam.

Shelly

On 1/31/2020 8:14 PM, Gene wrote:
Does the all mail box show spam messages?  Maybe the message was in spam.  The next time you get the message, if it is in the wrong place, don't move it.  Tell us what folder it is in and you may get suggestions.

Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 8:23 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] a gmail question

Hi all,

I have a newsletter that landed in my all mail box on gmail today
instead of in my inbox. I checked the box and then hit the button to
move it to the inbox and it's there now but how can I insure that it'll
go to my inbox from now on and I don't have to go looking for it? Btw
there are other messages in the all mail box that also ended up in the
inbox but not the newsletter.

Thanks.

Troy