Re: Google Chrome and alt left arrow

Norma A. Boge

Some browsers will have the “back” command on the applications menu. Not sure if this is true for Chrome, I don’t recall, but it might be worth a look if you haven’t already explored the possibility. Shift F10 or just hit the applications key on your keyboard to get to the menu. HTH Norma

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: Sunday, February 2, 2020 9:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google Chrome and alt left arrow

Hi,

Yes sir that's usually my practice but on the rare occasions when I've forgotten a few times or when a site like zedge.net just won't for the shift enter and insists on opening in the same tab or so it seems when viewing an uploaded ringtone i did note that it wasn't working and just wondered if it was just me losing my mind or if it was broken or actually had never been a thing in that browser.  I thank you for replying. Some days I wonder about the old brain over here 😁

Thanks once again, I appreciate you.

Take good care.

Robin

On 2/2/2020 9:35 PM, Gene wrote:

It should work, and I don't recall a solution.  I presented a work around that I think works as well or better. 

To follow a link, use shift enter, not enter.  That will open the link in a new window.  Once you are finished and want to go back, close the window with alt f4.  You will be back in the other window, where you left off on the other page. 

Gene

----- Original message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2020 8:25 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Google Chrome and alt left arrow

Hi,

I could have sworn this might have been covered before but for the life of me I can't recall where or what the fix might be. I am finding that alt left arrow no longer works to take you back a page when browsing in Google Chrome.  Is there another means by which to accomplish this or is there a way to make this keystroke function again? Did it used to work in Chrome or did I just think it did.

Thanks in advance for rescuing me from my apparently feeble mind.

Robin

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.