----- Original Message -----
From: Rose Combs
No problems here in my  keyboards that have the applications key.
Unfortunately my laptop and cordless keyboards do not have that particular
key and I often have to search to remember how I did this before I had a
keyboard with an app key.
Rose Combs
Gary Jackson
Hi Rose,

My wireless keyboard doesn't have the application key either. I use a sweet
little key mapping application called sharp keys to map another key I don't use
to the application key. It's very easy to use and free.
http://www.randyrants.com/2008/12/sharpkeys_30.html

Gary

Navigation Tips For Sharp Keys
Setting the punctuation level to read all punctuation will make it much easier to find certain keys.  If you don't set the punctuation to read all you
will need to use the Jaws cursor to read all info for each key.

1. To use this utility you must press enter on the file:
"E:\Downloads\sharpkeys3\SharpKeys.exe." There is no installer and no entry
placed on All Programs menu or Desktop.
2. If it pops up, hit Alt + letter R when the "Open File Security Warning"
pops up. SharpKeys will then present it's user interface.
3. Tab to the Add button" and press enter.
4. You will be placed in a list box containing some 235 items representing
your keyboard's individual keys. Down arrow through this list until you
select the key you want to remap. Since I want to remap my Windows
applications key I will down arrow and select the following key: Special:
Application (E0_5D).
5. Tab about 3 times or until you reach the second list box. you can now
down arrow to select what you would like the new key to be. Since I want to
change the default Windows applications key to a second Windows key to the
right of the spacebar, I will select the following key: Special: Right
Windows (E0_5C)
6. Tab to Ok and hit enter.
7. Tab to "Write to Registry" and press enter.
8. You will receive a prompt informing you that you will need to either
reboot or log off for the changes to take effect.
9. I rebooted and now I have a second windows key to the right of the
spacebar.

Homepage:
http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

Download page:
http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/releases/view/20569

Note: not necessarily intended for Windows7 but it worked on Windows7 64 bit
and windows 7 starter 32 bit.

JR
From:
Jeremy Richards
For those of you using laptops you might want to take the following info for
a test drive. I've successfully remapped my windows applications key to be a
second windows key. Normally laptops and netbooks don't have a second
windows key on the right of the spacebar, and because it is so useful to me,
I thought I would find a way of remapping my netbook's keyboard. I tried
KeyTweak but it was presenting me with the actual scancodes rather than
names of keys on my keyboard. I found a neat little utility called SharpKey
which does all the work for you. Definitely helps with windows key + E for
explorer, windows key + r for run dialogue, windows key + F, windows key + T
for task bar and such. You will not be without a context menu key since
shift F10 does the very same thing as the windows applications key.

Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 5:05 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

The subject says it all. Are there any such programs?

--
Rich De Steno