From: Aman Singer [mailto:aman.singer@...]
Sent: November-20-15 3:39 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need scanner recommendations

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much, this is appreciated. If and when you have a minute,
I'd love to make sure the settings controlling resolution and colour
status (b&w, greyscale, or colour) are the same for each scanner you
have. I know you can have different such settings in Kurzweil for each
scanner, but am not sure about OB. Again, thanks for the response.
Aman

I haven't timed any scans but, for a single page scan it seems like the
Epson is a couple of seconds faster.

I've experimented with various settings but, being these 2 Windows 7
computers are 120 miles apart, I would venture to say that the settings
would be similar but, not exact. Also, 1 computer is running Windows 7 &
Openbook 8 and the other is running Openbook 9. On the computer that runs
Openbook 9, I've used both the Epson & CanoScan scanners & this is the
computer I'm basing my opinions from, since I've used both scanners with the

same OCR software & settings.

On this Windows 7 computer with OB9 it uses a WIA driver. I don't know if
twain drivers are available.

Take care.
Mike