Re: bookshare question.

john s

Gregg, with this process, I don't think you need to use open with. If you hit enter, it should open in IE.

At 01:10 PM 2/8/2020, Greg Wocher, wrote:
Hello,
One of the files in the daisy folder has an extension of .xml. This is the one you want. If you use the applications key on the file you should be able to select open with. In the open with menu you should be able to open it with internet explorer. Once you have you should then be able to save it in a regular text format.

Greg Wocher

On Feb 8, 2020, at 12:52 PM, Penny Golden <pengold2@...> wrote:

I'll do what you're suggesting; but my understanding is that in
all that daisy stuff, there is a file, one file, that will just open as a text file. Then your book is no longer a folder, if you extract that file; it's just a file, like the other 7000 books I have gotten over the years from bookshare.

Best, penny

On 2/8/2020 11:49 AM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
Hi Penny, are you asking if you can read DAISY books on a
refreshable braille device? I do this with my Apex, I just put the .zip file on the Apex and unzip it and I can read it in the Apex book reader. Apologies if I'm not understanding your question. I am a frequent user of and long-time Bookshare member so please ask again if I'm not getting what you're looking for. Thanks, Norma

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On
Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: Saturday, February 8, 2020 11:21 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] bookshare question.

Say, I used to get all my books from bookshare in BRF
format. Now, it is so much easier to download them using the victor stream.

But I really prefer to have them under my hands at times. Is
there a file in those bookshare daisy books that is the plain text of the book? I don't need daisy. I seem to remember that you can go into the daisy folder, find the file and extracting it, put it on your braille device, if you so desire.

But I forget the file I'm supposed to look for. Thanks to anyone
who can set me straighter.

Penny

John