Re: Microsoft does it again, serious probems with the latest Windows update

Monte Single

Well, the 1909 update came out  in 1909, I didn’t install it till the end of January 2020.

I thought I was  safe.  Ha, ha, ha..

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: February-09-20 6:55 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft does it again, serious probems with the latest Windows update

Oh, okay.  Then, delete my message.  Thank you for the explanation.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 5:49 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft does it again, serious probems with the latest Windows update

I've done a little more checking and this is an optional update, so it won't automatically install. 

Gene

------ Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 4:39 AM

Subject: Microsoft does it again, serious probems with the latest Windows update

Here we go again.  Another bad Windows update.  This article says you can solve the problems it causes by uninstalling the update but if it disables your sound, for blind users this could be far more trouble than for a sighted user.  The article doesn't say whether USB sound cards might work.  I hope so. 

I've said before that I think people should wait for two or three days before installing Windows updates to see if they are safe.  Here is one more reason why.

Gene

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.