Re: 6 dot braille label maker

Gene

In your case, that may be considered reasonable and other forms might not.  I don't know that much about how the law is interpreted or written.  But the message I responded to was making a blanket statement about reasonable accomodation, which is not correct.

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 6 dot braille label maker

I think it is a reasonable accommodation  as I am considered partially deaf blind and I do not get a lot of things threw audio. One of the reasons I was given a electronic braille labeler was because I have mussel weakness and needed a way to use braille. It was noted that, I do not use audio so I needed away to have braille as an alternative instead of say, a pen labeler that uses audio or the hand held labeler which my mussel weakness prevents me from using. I cant use that stupid prescription audio thing, I have to label all my stuff by hand!  So knowing this, how can I be given a medical device, as they coded it, without braille! Is that not why the social security was ordered to provide letters in braille format! I think it falls under the same thing. Heather