From: brian
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 6 dot braille label maker

    Heather is right if you can't use audio then yes they do have to provide braille they just don't want to comply with the ada they just want to take the easy out because they are lazy and don't care how would they feel if one day they find themselves blind and they can't get braille.  For us it's always just use audio or go on line but the sighted have print but we are denied the writen word when braille is the best sulution for blind people.  Just try to look somthing up on an audio cd or find it on line.  Lets not forget that some people don't have unlimited data if they do have internet.  There is just not only one sulution that is best for everyone but to them there is.  Braille is and will always be the best way to look somthing up just as sighted people use print.  Try telling sighted people to just use audio or go on line.  Not everyone has on line access.  aAny company that sells products for the blind and refuses to provide braille should be ashamed of themselves and should be forced to by law.

Brian Sackrider

I think it is a reasonable accommodation  as I am considered partially deaf blind and I do not get a lot of things threw audio. One of the reasons I was given a electronic braille labeler was because I have mussel weakness and needed a way to use braille. It was noted that, I do not use audio so I needed away to have braille as an alternative instead of say, a pen labeler that uses audio or the hand held labeler which my mussel weakness prevents me from using. I cant use that stupid prescription audio thing, I have to label all my stuff by hand!  So knowing this, how can I be given a medical device, as they coded it, without braille! Is that not why the social security was ordered to provide letters in braille format! I think it falls under the same thing. Heather