Re: NLS cartrage

Gene

That isn't what System Volume information  is or does.  As I said, it is used by System Restore.  It is what System Restore uses.  It does some other things I didn't know about such as keeping information if you run the file indexing service.  See this article:

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NLS cartrage

Hi all,

System Volume Information tells the computer how much of the cartridge
has been used and is worth having if you try to put too much stuff on
the cartridge.

You could do worse than to google filedir and download a copy.  You
might find it useful.  I just tried that, and I couldn't find it, but I
do have a dropbox link for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwdh9hdyctj50rk/dirsetup.exe?dl=1

HTH,
Ann P.