Re: MS Office 2016

heather albright

Yes I have 2016 and it works very well with jaws. I thought there was a training tutorial with jaws that one can get, cant say for sure. Heather

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:58 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MS Office 2016

Office 2016 works fine with NVDA at least (and in fairness, I'd assume it should work fine with Jaws also).  If you do get tempted to go further into using advanced features of Word, we have a training module on Microsoft Word with NVDA:  https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda-ebook/  It's only $30 Australian, which still should just come in under your $24 cost of Office itself :)

There is a newer version of Office, Office 2019, which like Office 2016, is a standalone, one-off purchase.  Otherwise the newest version of Office which is constantly updated, is Office 365, which is a yearly or monthly subscription.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:24 PM Dave <dlh007@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have such a small Need for Microsoft Word, that I don't have it
installed on any of my Systems.  Instead I use Jarte, and for my needs,
it works great.  It is Small, Quick, Simple, and works well with either
of my Screen Readers.

However, there are times when I need to send a file to someone using a
Microsoft Format, either MS Word 2013 or newer.

For the price of $36 down to $24 for Office Pro 2016, this deal is hard
to resist.

Guess my question is this, How Accessible is Office 2016?

I use the Spell Checker, and need to change Fonts and Font Sizes.  Need
to do Underlining and some Outlining.

I also need to read large Documents of more than 100 pages.

I assume that Jaws 2019, and the latest NVDA Screen Readers will read
enough in Word 2016 to do those items I listed above.

But, I thought I would ask here first, since these days, very little
should be Assumed.

Oh, and if it matters, I am running everything on a Win 10 Pro System,
with an I7 Chip and loads of Memory.

Isn't there a Newer version of MS Word?  2018, 19 or 20?

But, for $36 to $24, This deal is a temptation.

I would Love to hear from users of Office 2016 and hear how well it
works with Screen Readers.

Thanks for any reply,

Grumpy Dave

--