Re: malware bytes tray application

heather albright

Ah that is what I do for now. Is it different with the paid version? I find jaws works better at dismissing this window too! I am running windows 10 1909. Cheers  Heather

From: Holly
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 12:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] malware bytes tray application

Heather:

I have the free version also, and kept getting this message all the time too.  Very annoying.

I found that after you run a scan, with the free version, you can go into the system tray, enter on Malware Bites and arrow down to the ‘quit Malware Bites’ option and enter on it.  This will remove it from the system tray temporarily and the announcement will not come up again until you run another scan.

You will have to go through these steps after every time you run a scan manually.

I only run a scan about once a week, so not a big deal to go into the system tray and do this.

I don’t think it would work with the paid version, as it is always running with real time protection.