Re: malware bytes tray application

Mike B

I only run Microsoft Security Essentials on our Win7 system and Windows Defender on our Win10 systems.  Being very careful about what links you click on and using the computer carefully can go a long ways in helping to keep dreaded malware, trojans and viruses away.  I'm sure everyone knows this, but we all screw-up once in awhile.

From: The Wolf
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] malware bytes tray application

so what do you use instead?

On 2/13/2020 9:05 PM, Mike B wrote:

I had been back & forth with MWb for a long time about this window that appears.  The trouble was that only people using screen reading programs were seeing / hearing this message and sighted people didn't even know it was there.  I had a screen share with a MWB higher level person to show them / let them hear what happens and so they could actually hear what's being reported by screen reading programs.  Well this was back around version, 3.4, or so.  Anyways they did eliminate this screen in Windows 7, but never could eliminate it in Windows 10.  I quit running MWB many months ago because everytime they did an update they would screw up all the prior improvements for blind users.  I got so tired of all the hassle and having to go through all the chains of command again & again before anyone would take the problems the blind users are having Now with, MWB version, 4..., is out and when I tried it I could only take about 30 minutes of the user interface before I totally removed that major pain in the A** completely!  I could have used the Jaws touch cursor and other navigation keystrokes, but I then could by no means tell people the program is accessible for the screen reader users that don't know these keystrokes.