Re: so 32 or 64

Gene

The folder just called Programs is where 64 bit programs are installed by Windows, at least by default.

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 4:35 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] so 32 or 64

But which of those "program Files" folders contains the 64 bit programs?

On 2/17/2020 7:26 PM, Penny Golden wrote:

Hi.  I am glad for any input. i had no idea you could run a 32 program on a 64 machine; but then, you knew I wasn't a techie from the get-go.

On 2/17/2020 7:25 PM, Gene wrote:
You can run 32 bit programs on a 64 bit machine but you can't run 64 bit programs on 32 bit machines.  I'm not sure what you mean about which to access and why you would want to change the names of some items on the desktop.  The user doesn't have to do anything.  32 bit programs will run without additional actions.

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 2:31 PM

Well, you geniuses have both said the same thing. and I can't thank you
enough.

I'm going to get this in writing. Best, Penny