Re: Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

Penny Golden

Hi.  I just got a laptop and haven't begun to fight, as it were.

But tell me, or us, if you wish, what you've renamed.   Inquiring minds want to know.

The first thing I did was to have a friend turn off the mouse pad.  Sorry, I did get that done by a sighted friend of mine. Could I have done it myself?  Yes, but it was tricky for him, and he works I T day in and day out every day.  Could I have done it on my own?  Probably; but it would have been a time-waster.  And that is why I do sometimes have things done for me.

I don't have to prove anything to myself. I can do many things I choose not to do, because doing them would complicate life; and not doing them does not make me less capable.

Sorry, but that's my take on this.

And to nail it down, I just love BeMyEyes.  It is so delightful to have someone do a little reading or identifying. the other evening late, I spoke to an american in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  two nights later, I spoke to a delightful lady in Iran.

Pen

On 2/20/2020 11:20 AM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I did indeed find this key-remapping program and I find it to be fantastic!  It is easy to use and works perfectly.

On 2/20/2020 11:26 AM, Joe Orozco wrote:
I didn't see anyone respond to this email. Yes, there's a program
called Sharp Keys. In one column you pick the key you want to remap,
and in the second column you pick the key function you want to replace
it with. Make sure you set your screen reader to read all punctuation
at least temporarily so that you can hear the exact key names. Let me
know if you don't find it on Google.

Joe

On 2/7/20, Rich DeSteno <axcruncher@gmail.com> wrote:
The subject says it all.  Are there any such programs?

--
Rich De Steno