Re: Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

Gene

I think the real thing to get used to will be the keyboard itself, with its smaller keys and different action than a desktop keyboard.

My laptop only has one Windows key and I suspect that is common.  I can see where you might want a right Windows key but I never changed anything because I don't want to lose any key function that is already available.

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

Hi, Gene, yes, the laptop has the num-pad.

I rather thought that often I would use the laptop with an external keyboard like the one on my pc, to just cut down on my possible frustrations. but there would be times that I would want to just drop an email, or write something brief.

In any event, I'm sure my upcoming fun with a laptop will require help from the list.

Thanks so much.

Penny

On 2/20/2020 12:00 PM, Gene wrote:
Does the laptop have a numpad?  If so, you may not find a need to reassign anything.  If it doesn't have one, you can buy a USB numpad if you want to use one.

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Hi.  I just got a laptop and haven't begun to fight, as it were.

But tell me, or us, if you wish, what you've renamed.   Inquiring minds
want to know.

The first thing I did was to have a friend turn off the mouse pad.
Sorry, I did get that done by a sighted friend of mine. Could I have
done it myself?  Yes, but it was tricky for him, and he works I T day in
and day out every day.  Could I have done it on my own?  Probably; but
it would have been a time-waster.  And that is why I do sometimes have
things done for me.

I don't have to prove anything to myself. I can do many things I choose
not to do, because doing them would complicate life; and not doing them
does not make me less capable.

Sorry, but that's my take on this.

And to nail it down, I just love BeMyEyes.  It is so delightful to have
someone do a little reading or identifying. the other evening late, I
spoke to an american in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  two nights later, I spoke
to a delightful lady in Iran.

Pen