Re: Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

Rich DeSteno

In my case, my new laptop did not have dedicated home, end, or applications keys, three keys that I use frequently.  You had to use the function key with the PageUp and PageDown keys to get the home and end actions.  It did have three music navigation keys, which I did not need.  I remapped those three keys to home, end, and applications keys.  They work perfectly and make using the computer so much easier.

Rich De Steno

On 2/20/2020 1:00 PM, Gene wrote:
Does the laptop have a numpad?  If so, you may not find a need to reassign anything.  If it doesn't have one, you can buy a USB numpad if you want to use one.

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible Program for Remapping Keys on Laptop

Hi.  I just got a laptop and haven't begun to fight, as it were.

But tell me, or us, if you wish, what you've renamed.   Inquiring minds
want to know.

The first thing I did was to have a friend turn off the mouse pad.
Sorry, I did get that done by a sighted friend of mine. Could I have
done it myself?  Yes, but it was tricky for him, and he works I T day in
and day out every day.  Could I have done it on my own?  Probably; but
it would have been a time-waster.  And that is why I do sometimes have
things done for me.

I don't have to prove anything to myself. I can do many things I choose
not to do, because doing them would complicate life; and not doing them
does not make me less capable.

Sorry, but that's my take on this.

And to nail it down, I just love BeMyEyes.  It is so delightful to have
someone do a little reading or identifying. the other evening late, I
spoke to an american in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.  two nights later, I spoke
to a delightful lady in Iran.

Pen

--
Rich De Steno