locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Gerald Levy

Remember when Appleboasted that it would start making IPhones in the US?  How did that work out?  Now they are all made in China in sweatshops whose workers are paid coolie wages to maximize Apple's profits.  And now, thanks to the Corona virus, Apple has reported that it may have to reduce its production capacity in China. Coupled with the President's tariffs on Chinese imports, the price of an IPhone as well as other smart phones could go even higher. As far as those specialized phones, they are not sold in stores. At least if you buy a smart phone at a Best Buy store, you can bring it back to them for repair because they deal with large, mainstream manufacturers like LG and Samsung that have facilities in the US.  But bring a BlindShell into Best Buy for repair and they will probably laugh you right out of the store.

 Gerald

On 2/21/2020 9:14 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Hmm, Gerald, I may be wrong, but I don't know of any smart toy as I call
them being made in the United States! Even the iPhone is assembled in China
and imported back into our country; Samsung toys are generally assembled in
Vietnam, and Google Pixel toys in Taiwan. Heck, even Braille devices which
cost more than an arm and a few toes are assembled outside the United States
and imported back to our country.

So, in that regard, the Smart Vision and Blindshell toys are just following
the trend. Manufacturers generally assemble their toys where labour is
extremely cheap and poorly regulated; then they bring them to us to purchase
at whatever price point they elect to charge. In the Android world where
there's no ONE SIZE FITS ALL, several of the available smart toys in the
mainstream are made by companies that DO NOT HAVE any physical presence in
our country; yet, these toys perform at reasonably high levels for a long,
long time. It is wrong to single out the producers of the Smart Vision and
the Blindshell toys especially since all they are doing is following in the
tracks of other manufacturers. If your reason is to be adopted, we all
might as well walk around naked 'cause more than 100% of the shirts and
coats we wear are made elsewhere and brought here for resale; but we don't
knock them off!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado