locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Peter Spitz

If the motherboard on my computer goes out, no amount of tapping on
the keyboard is going to fix it. Likewise, if the chip on in iPhone
craps out, the lack of a keyboard will be of no difference. That's
not comparing apples to oranges, it's just a simple fact. And for the
record, I am totally blind - both my eyes are prosthetics - and use
my iPhone just as easily as I use my Dell laptop with few exceptions.

On 2/21/20, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

The difference is that a computer has a tactile keyboard. A smart phone
doesn't, which makes it more difficult for a blind consumer to resolve a
problem without sighted help. Don't mix Apples with oraanges. (pun
intended)

Gerald

On 2/21/2020 8:41 AM, Gene wrote:
He is not saying that. Your computer's mother board can develop a
problem and the computer won't function at all. I don't see you
begging the question about your computer or implying that you
shouldn't use a computer. Sooner or later, it all comes down to this,
no matter how often you discuss such topics and ask such questions,
after a point, you are simply begging the question and setting up
straw men because you are irremediably biased against smart phones.
Your questions in the beginning of such discussions may serve a useful
purpose because there may be people who are worried about trying such
phones and people give answers that may be reassuring. But beyond a
point, you are just indulging your antismart phone bias. No user who
knows something about computers or minicomputers, which is what smart
phones are, would say that loss of speech is impossible, A component
may fail, something may become corrupted, and that is true of any
computer or minicomputer. That is no reason not to use one. The
brakes could fail when you are in a car, but do you ride busses or
cabs? assessing risk is a risk/benefit evaluation. If the risk is
low enough and the benefitsworht the risk, people constantly do
activities with some risk. Almost any activity has at least a very
small amount of risk.