From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:58 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Again, I can choose to use a computer with a full-size keyboard.  I have no such option with a smart phone or tablet.  The only option for a keyboard is a blutoot keyboard whose keys are so small that they cannot be labeled with tactile markers like a full-size keyboard. I don't even understand how anyone can type accurately on one of these things using conventional touch typing, let alone using it in the street if your hands are preoccupied with a cane or guide dog harness or package.  For those of us who are advancing in age and developing arthritis in the hands and fingers, touchscreens and small blutoot keyboards are not really practical options. For the record, I still use an LG 4650 cell phone that is about 15 years old and will soon stop working because it is not 5G compatible.  Don't laugh.  Because I find using the small tactile keys difficult, I make calls using voice commands.  I keep this phone on hand mostly for emergencies, and have only used it about a dozen times in the past ten years. I would be interested in the Alcatel Flip Go as a replacement if it had voice command capability, but it apparently does not.

Gerald

On 2/21/2020 10:40 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hundreds of millions of computers no longer have tactile keyboards.  Your computer, and mine, have keyboards.

All the tablets; windows, android and apple, do not come with a physical keyboard, but they can be used with a physical keyboard if the user so desires.

The humming box on or near you with an attached keyboard is a remnant of the last millennium.

Shake a leg pilgrim;  the world is movin on;  for better or worse!!