From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Gerald:

I have an Apple Magic blue tooth keyboard. It is light
weight and portable, and the keys are large enough to
accommodate locator dots.

Of course, it would not be practical to walk and use it.

Also, with a smart phone, you have access to sighted help
anytime with apps like 'Be My Eyes' and AiRA.

There are many text to speech scanning apps, money
identifiers, color identifiers.
Apple also has a free app called Seeing AI, which does many
amazing things to help blind people. Even can read
handwriting.

I was very reluctant to switch from my flip phone to a smart
phone, but after taking the plunge, I never looked back. I
am 75 years old, so no spring chicken either.