From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 12:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Hi there Gerald,

I realize that I will not be writing email while I walk down
the sidewalk with my cane. But, dialing a phone number on
the touch screen is easy because the phone number pad is
very large. The large numbers are in the same location as a
regular push button phone.

I have arthritis and diabetes which has robbed me of
feelings in my finger tips. If I stick my fingers in room
temperature liquids, I can not feel any thing at all. Yet,
I have zero problems with touch screen phones.

You should be able to dial phone numbers or use dictation if
you are not out side in a lot of noise.

You can purchase a brand new iPhone for around $450.00.
And, please don't think of it as just a phone that you will
only use a couple times per year.
. These devices are unbelievably addictive.

Its a pocket computer. Its a way to read email or text
while you are sitting in your doctors office. Its a music
player. Its access to YouTube or Amazon.com, news and
sports, or the NLS Library, BARD books, and all of the
millions of other things on the internet. Its a light
detector. Its a color detector. A money reader. And a
text reader that is almost as good as OpenBook. You can
take a full size keyboard and use it while in a hotel room,
a hospital room, or at a friends home.

I could go on and on but I think you can see at least some
of this.

Good luck for you on what ever you decide.

Regards,

James B