From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 1:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Which is great if you live near a Costco with an audiology
department. But unfortunately, I don't,and would have to buy
them from a private audiologist.  And I am not comfortable
buying a refurbed IPhone online, which would still cost a
few hundred dollars, because if I have trouble with it, who
would I turn to for help?  So between a new IPhone, which
would cost about $1000, plus another $1000 for the cost of
one yearof service,  and a pair of blutoot hearing aids to
go with it, which could cost as much as $8000 or more, the
total cost could come close to ten grand. Yikes!   This
topic has been discussed extensively on the Blind Hearing
Aid Users list.

Gerald

On 2/21/2020 12:53 PM, Holly wrote:
Gerald:

I have blue tooth hearing aids from   Costco that are
compatible with
my iPhone.  They cost $1400 a pair and work great.

Also, with dictation and Siri you can do almost everything
hands free.

Unfortunately, I don't think any amount of useful
information the list
members offer you  would convince you, as you are just
closed minded
on the subject.