locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Carolyn Arnold

I have a girlfriend in Texas, Pam, and she was always so good on that stuff. She worked for an oil company, so was forever having to learn a new computer program. She could do anything, had one job with all kind of complicated forms. She was good at mechanical things, how things went together and all that stuff. A lot of years with serious health problems have been a real energy drain, and so, she has a bit of a time with her iPhone, and somehow, the Hadley videos weren't the help of her that they were to me. I think, for one thing, her daughter couldn't connect with them. Her daughter did really work hard, when I showed her how VoiceOver worked and the different gestures that were required.

Now my friend got a Victor Reader Stream and can do anything with the thing. It has physical buttons, and away she went.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 8:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Back when I was younger, and we had mechanical and analog stuff, I used to say nothing could beat me, because I wouldn't allow it to. But times are different, now. I wish I could still say the same thing, but I'm not that good. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 7:17 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Yes, it certainly helps to be curious about new technology. Being curious makes it much easier to learn. If you don’t particularly like new technology or you have no curiosity about it, it’s going to be much harder to learn it.

I have been curious about science and technology all my life. I’ve also been a huge science-fiction fan all my life. Some of my best times were spent watching great science-fiction TV shows and movies. I’ve never been afraid of the computer or learning new technology. I have always found it interesting and fun.

Victor
On Feb 21, 2020, at 4:11 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
<ukekearuaro@...> wrote:

Mr. Judge wrote in part:

"I can't speak for anyone else, but there's nothing quite like the
feeling of being independent."

Yes you can! You just spoke for me in a much simpler way than I would
have done. The need for independence is a huge reason why I am always
tinkering with all sorts of toys! No, I am neither a super being nor
the best child in the block; I just have an enquiring mind whose
thirst can't be quenched!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.