locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Leedy Diane Bomar

Do you have predictive text turned on? I know that works the way you described.

Diane Bomar
On Feb 21, 2020, at 16:31, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
Ron, it seems like on my SE, that VoiceOver would say a word, and I could check above my text for choices, but I am not noticing that on my 11. It could be that I haven't typed enough for that yet. I usually dictate texts, but I do type emails. I don't know why I do that, but that has been my habbit.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 12:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Hi Chris,

I was initially scared of the touch screen keyboard. But I kept trying and trying and I've gotten pretty good at it as well. I am not very fast with it, but I m very accurate. I learned the method of editing by using the rotor to move around in a text field by word and character and then to edit mistakes.

I would say it takes me about a half an hour to write a 250 word message.

I am wondering if you have been able to develop any real speed. Sighted people have the advantage of the suggestions list--where in if you are typing along, the words are anticipated and they appear and can be selected by tapping on them before the need to type the whole word. I have not mastered that feature. Is there any way a blind person can take advantage of the suggestions list.

On 2/21/2020 5:21 AM, chris judge wrote:

I find the on-screen keyboard fine now. What made it so was practice, practice, practice.