Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Lynette

Does the Alcotel support text messages and if so, how difficult is it to read and respond?

Also can a totally blind person turn on voice guidance without assistance?

Thanks

On 2/22/2020 8:09 AM, Gene wrote:
Then I would suggest she go to places that sell phones to look at them.  What would be recommended for a blind user or be considered might or might not be the best choice for a sighted person.  We also don't know how she wants to use the phone.  If just for calls and texts, a far more simple and cheap phone might be available for her purposes.  The Go Flip 3 is a 4G phone.  But it has a lot of features such as e-mail, a browser, and WI-FI that your wife might or might not want.  Will people please specify such things as if a person is sighted?  If no specification is made, the assumption is that the person is blind. 

Also, since you are looking for a phone for a sighted person, searching for something like best flip phone review may bring up useful information.  If the person is interested in other designs as well, such as a candy bar phone, doing a similar search, such as best candy bar phone review may bring up useful results. 

You can see phones at phone stores run by companies like AT&T, TMobile, etc. or at places like Best Buy.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

What is the make and model of the phone and is it 4G Let. I am looking for one for my wife who is sighted and does not want a touch screen . The one she has now will not work after the end of the year.
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I'm going to do a presentation on Accessible World on March 9 about the phone I use.  You will have to decide if you want to use that phone, with its prolems and accessibility limitations or another.  After seeing discussions of two other off-the-shelf phones on one of the lists I follow, I don't remember which, and considering how I use a phone, I decided that mine is probably the best for me, but you may want something else.  But small things may be very important.  for example, one person discussed a phone that sounded very good except he said that it doesn't announce who is calling nor does it announce the number.  it just does something like announce incoming.  I would never by a phone, no matter how good otherwise, that doesn't tell me information about the incoming call.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 7:44 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

I’m going to have to replace my flip phone at the end of the year because of 3 g going away. Could someone recommend a inexpensive phone that I can buy? Would appreciate the help. All the information that you can give to me about the phone would be appreciated.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.