locked Re: New Smart Flip Phone?

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, thanks. I guess that clarifies it. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Smart Flip Phone?

Okay, a little clarification. There is no such model as the Alcatel
Flip Go 5. There is a model called the Alcatel Flip Go V, and perhaps
somebody assumed that the "V" was actually the Roman numeral for 5. But
nowhere is this phone referred to as the Alcatel Flip Go 5. I suspect
that the "V" actually stands for Verizon, because this phone is
apparently designed for Verizon Wireless and also works with US
Cellular. It apparently does not work with T Mobile, which uses a
different technology than T Mobile. The only Alcatel phone listed for T
Mobile is the Flip Go 3. Judging from the product description, it
sounds that the Flip Go V is essentially similar in features to the Go
Flip 3, although there is no mention of the voice guidance feature. Both
models sell for about $100.

Gerald

On 2/22/2020 1:50 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Yes, this is the first I have hear of the alcatel go 5. But that's what
consumer technology is all about; the latest and the greatest. The fact
that you have a device that works fine for you is irrelevant.
The only way to generate new sales is with new products. Sometimes it's the
same old thing with a new label or costume.
Buy, buy, buy.