Re: What is a good flip phone to buy?

Pamela Dominguez

Yes, you can hear every character, but you still, for some reason, can make mistakes.  My phone I had before this would allow me to left and right arrow and hear spoken characters.  But that was one of the first screenreaders in a phone; it was mobile speak, so it was made for the blind, and it was an extra addon that had to be purchased,not just something made so a company can say it was upholding the law.  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is a good flip phone to buy?

You should hear every caraqcter you enter when you type a key.  You can't read a line by left and right arrowing anywhere and that was true of my first feature phone and the current one.  But hearing every character spoken you input it eliminates the problem of not knowing if you made an error.

Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:01 PM

I can use contacts on my Alcatel 4044.  The only problem is, when you put contacts in, you can’t left and right arrow and have it speak through the name or the number to make sure that you did it correctly, or, if you did make a mistake, to find out where you are in order to correct the mistake.  It will just read the whole line by arrowing up and down.  Pam.