Re: a piece of software. Plextalk recording software

Gene

There is no valid reason in English not to end a sentence with a preposition.  This is an example of how Latin usage was grafted onto English when rules of grammar were being constructed.  Just as there is no reason not to split an infinitive.  In Latin, and infinitive can't be split because it is a form of a verb and isn't indicated by a separate word as it is in English.  The word "to" is used in English, but in Latin, how a verb ends indicates an infinitive.  For example, amo, I love, amare, to love.

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] a piece of software. Plextalk recording software

    Does anyone know where the Plextalk Recording Software is
downloadable from?

Sorry, I ended the sntence with a preposition.  I may have had a copy
once on some CD that came with the units; now I'm a little clueless as
to where to look. I asked on the list, but have not had an answer yet.

Thanks.

Penny