Re: chrome

Gene

Also, I think it is better to use Firefox Portable.  If there are any problems such as corruption of the program or you lose your profile, you don't have to waste any time trouble shooting or repairing the program.  Simply copy the portable version to another location as a backup.  Delete and copy the program to the backup location as things change so it will be current.  if you ad some book marks, update the backup.  After a new version is installed to update the program, copy it to the backup location. then, if anything goes wrong with the program you use, delete the folder and copy the portable backup folder to the location of the program you use and you will have to do nothing else.  the portable version does everything the installed version does and I think Firefox should actually get rid of their installed version and make the portable version available as the program.  I see no advantage and clear disadvantages in using the installed program.

also, if you get a new computer, you can simply copy the portable version to the new computer.  No copying cookies to the installed version on a new machine, no loss of history, which means no loss of visited links, you will have everything you have on the old machine, except that I'm not sure if every add-on and plugin is copied, but they may all be..

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] chrome

I am not sure what you mean by the accessibility changed.  there were problems such as slow performance when the new quantum versions of Firefox started to be released perhaps a year ago.  but that has been greatly improved now.  I don't know if there are any problems or inconveniences now. but the program was accessible continually.  Try the current version if you want to see what you think of it.  It is a very bad idea to run old versions of browsers.

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 7:47 PM

cool
i use to use firefox, but the accessibility changed,
hensed the reason i changed to chrome
do u have an accessible ff?