Re: chrome

Gene

Also, I think it is better to use Firefox Portable.  If there are any problems such as corruption of the program or you lose your profile, you don't have to waste any time trouble shooting or repairing the program.  Simply copy the portable version to another location as a backup.  Delete and copy the program to the backup location as things change so it will be current.  if you ad some book marks, update the backup.  After a new version is installed to update the program, copy it to the backup location. then, if anything goes wrong with the program you use, delete the folder and copy the portable backup folder to the location of the program you use and you will have to do nothing else.  the portable version does everything the installed version does and I think Firefox should actually get rid of their installed version and make the portable version available as the program.  I see no advantage and clear disadvantages in using the installed program.  

also, if you get a new computer, you can simply copy the portable version to the new computer.  No copying cookies to the installed version on a new machine, no loss of history, which means no loss of visited links, you will have everything you have on the old machine, except that I'm not sure if every add-on and plugin is copied, but they may all be.. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] chrome

I am not sure what you mean by the accessibility changed.  there were problems such as slow performance when the new quantum versions of Firefox started to be released perhaps a year ago.  but that has been greatly improved now.  I don't know if there are any problems or inconveniences now. but the program was accessible continually.  Try the current version if you want to see what you think of it.  It is a very bad idea to run old versions of browsers. 

Gene
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 7:47 PM

cool
i use to use firefox, but the accessibility changed,
hensed the reason i changed to chrome
do u have an accessible ff?

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 9:01 PM

I don't know why you are having the problem with Chrome.  You may want to use Internet Explorer to download and Chrome for everything else.

As time passes, you may want or need to use Firefox for downloading and Chrome for everything else.  Over time, you will slowly be able to use Internet Explorer on fewer and fewer sites.  It is an archaic browser and as sites change technologically, slowly, increasing numbers won't work.

You will have little to learn to use Firefox. 
Gene
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 6:53 PM

to you and jene

i tried i e and it actually worked

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 8:48 PM

It sounds like your internet connection is fluctuating.

TerriLynne

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@...> On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 5:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

i have explorer, i can set it up and try

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 8:21 PM

Do you know how to download with Internet Explorer?  It makes it much more difficult to test the problem if you limit yourself to only one browser. 

Gene

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 6:17 PM

i only use chrome

oh ok?

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 8:03 PM

I'm not sure.  Where do you see such wide fluctuations as five minutes and two days.  The only place I see something like that is when uploading, not downloading, to Dropbox.  What happens when you use other browsers?  Perhaps the download is timing out because of a network problem.  it may be so slow for so long that it simply stops as a timeout.  You may be able to verify that by checking the download history, which I'll discuss later if necessary.  But first, what happens with other browsers?

Gene

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 5:13 PM

so what happens

when it works, the download will complete successfully

when it does not work, i normally hear 5 minutes remaining or then it goes to 2 days remainding then 10 minutes

etc

then it does not work

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 6:14 PM

But what actually happens or doesn't happen?  When downloading doesn't work, is there an error message?  Does any sort of dialog open? 

Gene

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 3:53 PM

dont no

as i said sometimes it work well in downloading and other times it dont work

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 4:43 PM

Is Chrome trying to block you?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 3:39 PM
To: teck talk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Cc: bhp@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] chrome

hi all

i use chrome on windows 10

from time to time i have problems downloading, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont

what could be causing this

thanks

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.