locked Re: warning if you doing business

brian

    We should not do business with any company that will not mail out products that do qualafy for free matter.  Tell them that they don't then we will go else whear.  If companies can't deal with the cost of doing business then they don't belong in business.  It's bad enough when companies that sell products for the blind refuse to provide us with accessable meterials such as manuals and catalogs.  They all do this and neither Acb or Nfb are doing anything about this.  They just don't care about real world problems of the blind they are a very big joke.  They have always been and will always will be.  Companies that sell products for the blind are proving that they really don't care about the needs of the blind they just want our money.  They are taking advantage of and they should all be very ashamed of themselves.  What a big scam?  They just can't comprehend that the majority of theblind are either unimployed living on ssi or ssdi income that barly pays for your monthly living expensive.  There is very little room for expensive products in their budgets.  Thats just reality but they will never comprehend that.  How many companies that sell products for the blind offer any monthly payment plans?  They want full payment and thats just not possible.  When I first applied to my local lions club for a reading machine they told me that it would take their whole anual budget just to pay for it.  This prevents the blind from achieving the independence that the blind truly want and they could care less.  I am not saying that we should get somthing for nothing but just work with us and charge a more reasonable price for their products.  Offer monthly payment plans and they will sell more products.  They have no business sinse.  There is a double standard here.  If we request braille we are told that the cost is to high and only 10 percent of blind people read braille anyway.  On the other hand they ignore the 70-80 unimployment rate of the blind and expect us to pay money that we don't have.   They are very selish and very inconciterate of our needs the very people they claim to be in business for.  I know that nothing will probably ever change unless the blind community as a whole demand change.  I doubt that will ever happen you just can't getthe blind to unite on any issue.  Just some food for thought for what's werth.

Brian Sackrider

On 3/5/2020 4:04 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
If I operated a business, I probably would not send stuff out free matter. Did you have an agreement that they would send it out free matter? Did you get anything in writing saying this?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:01 PM heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

No it was not a restocking fee. They charged me for something that could have been sent free matter. So if one orders something from them, be prepared! That is all I am going to say on the subject! Heather

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 2:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

I don't know if your message is a valid warning.  Are users told in some sort of straightforward way that returning something will involve a restocking fee?  I purchase very little and I have returned nothing.  What is customary for those companies that specialize in dealing with blind purchasers?  Do they generally charge a restocking fee for returns?  How much?  Is this company within what is customary now?

Aside from that, since all sorts of merchants charge restocking fees now, is the charge within what is reasonable for merchants in general?  Shipping isn't the question.  Restocking fees aren't based on shipping costs.  they are a cost imposed for restocking a returned item.

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:50 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

Hello, I just want to worn anyone who does business that, this company does not return all your money even with items that could be shipped free matter for the blind. So LoganTech.

Proxtalker, be warned and go else where! Heather

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.