locked Re: warning if you doing business

Carolyn Arnold

True, Laz. You do not charge shipping, a real plus.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:57 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

I do operate my own business and would not use free matter for the blind under any circumstances. Instead I use the USPS and pay for the postage myself, except on international orders but I do subsidize the international postage as well.

I had too many experiences before I started my business when I did use free matter for the blind personally, of packages getting lost, packages coming back postage due, etc, that I decided I would never use it in my business.

In answer to someone else's comments in this thread about blindbusinesses not caring about blind people or offering payment plans, we do offer lay-away plans but only for orders totaling $200 or more such as for a Victor Reader Stream, Victor Reader Trek, etc.

I am blind, am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and I do care.

Laz

On 3/5/20, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net> wrote:
the government pays for free matter. that is not or does not include
things you pay for as it is free matter.
if I am selling you or anyone else I cannot send that free matter as
it is not free but has been paid for.