locked Re: warning if you doing business

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

While I admit that audio discs/mp3 files in their pure form are difficult to research with, there is the new Daisy format as well as Kindle, and audible audio books with bookmark and heading and navigation via page and other criteria that make audio formats much more usable for research and project type reading.

Braille on the other hand, is much more expensive, takes years to produce and is much more bulky and ridiculously clumsy to store in an apartment.  For example, I have a King James Version of the Bible that takes 18 bible-sized volumes and a concordance that takes 10 bible sized volumes.

On my computer in text/daisy format, I have 9 versions of the bible with easy navigation, research tools and concordances.  They take up no space and are totally accessible and usable and most of the elements of the program were free downloads.

On 3/5/2020 8:03 PM, brian wrote:
    What do you have against braille?  The sighted have print and we should have braille.  Braille will always be the most efficient way to look somthing up just try to find what you want on an audio cd. We should have all braille and no audio.

Brian Sackrider

On 3/5/2020 7:35 PM, Dave wrote:
Gosh, a couple of you had me Laughing Out Loud!

Complaining about having to pay Postage, and that Braille instructions
don[t come in the package?

Sheesh!  Be Dam Thankful you get an Audio file!   but, Braille?

Now that was Funny!  I Needed a Good Laugh today.

Grumpy Dave

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"