locked Re: fake out!!

Pamela Dominguez

Yeah! She was sure living under a rock! (smile) Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2020 5:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fake out!!

Hi Group,

As long as we're into this intense discussion about the nature and
purpose of education/life/existence, I thought I would add a little
levity to the discussion.

My very Catholic family knew a number of clergy when I was a little
boy. When I went blind at around twelve years old, I overheard my
mother being counseled by a nun. One of the things she said was: "Well,
I know this must be very difficult to deal with (having a blind child)
but think of it Ann, you won't have to worry about his teenage
years--you know--maturity--having sex before marriage--and so on.

This nun must have thought in her relatively restricted environment that
blind people wouldn't be sexual or involved in all that evils stuff.

(SOLID CAPS) IF SHE ONLY KNEW...!

On 3/8/2020 4:04 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

With all the discussion today, I thought I would share the story of a friend of mine. I won't share his name because that would not be wise. However, I tell this story to emphasize the fact that everyone should be encouraged to do his or her best!

This friend of mine is fully sighted. He was labeled as having severe learning differences. When he was in Middle School, the head of the special Ed dept. of his school told his parents that "I'm so sorry, but we just don't think your son will amount to much because of his learning difficulties.".

Needless to say, his parents took him out of that particular school and enrolled him elsewhere. They also employed me to tutor him. I worked with him for a couple of years.

My student and friend graduated from high school, Community College with honors, Rochester Institute of Technology with honors. He is currently working in a managerial position in a company here in Rochester, earning six figures! He is happily married and his wife is expecting! They own a house!

I would just love to stand in front of that Special Education twit of an administrator and just say, "Fake out, you bastard!!" That would give me extreme pleasure!! My friend is soccessful, in whatever way you measure success!

So if somebody tells you that you won't amount to much, thank them and then prove them wrong!!

Ann P.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"