locked Re: Blindschools shelter their students and don't prepear them for the sighted world

jan howells <gale7978@...>

I felt like I was in jail at school for the blind. I wen! from 1964 through 1970. I went to public school from 1970 through 1974. I felt like I was in jail at home, though, also. We had to stuff our feelings and be quiet. I was angry and rebelled. Thereforfore, I behaved very badly. I would never face my anger or admit it, because I thought that anger was very bad and that I was then deemed a bad person. My father was a rageaholic, and he was physically and verbally abusive. So that is what made me draw the conclusion that anger was a very bad thing. So I could never face my anger. When someone told me that I was angry, I had interpreted that as them saying that I was a very bad person. I would be so disappointed. When a psychotherapist said that and saw my disappointment, she immediately said that did not mean that I was a bad person, because anger is very normal, and at times justified. It is what you do with the anger that can be bad. It is all about how it is managed and handled. The Bible says to be angry and sin not. So it is ok to be angry, but it is not ok to act out and rurt someone physically or emotionally. That is when it becomes sin. I tell God when I am angry and He helps me. If we stay stuck in the negative, anger festers. Then our health is compromised. Ok, I will get off of my soap box now. Thank you very much.

Jan