locked Re: warning if you doing business

Victor

You should have told that idiot that she doesn’t shave you. You should have said that you tie your own shoes and wipe your own rear end as well. LOL

Victor

On Mar 8, 2020, at 10:20 PM, Stan Bobbitt <stan.bobbitt@outlook.com> wrote:

Wow, I had someone ask my girlfriend at church this very morning, (not me, standing there next to her), but her, "Do you shave him?" I stuck my tongue out at the lady and pulled my girlfriend along to the door.
StanB
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 6:01 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

Hey Caroline,

That made me laugh outloud, the first time in a few days, I think.

I live alone, and my eldest sister still thinks I have someone come and cook for me.
I tell her no, just to do the bathroom and floors. Yes, in some things I am a little lazy.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: March-08-20 3:23 PM

As blind people, we have to be on guard to deflect condescension and out-right bullying.

This morning a really nice lady at church asked me in the nicest voice, "does your husband help dress you?" I can think of a time, when I'd have been furious and might have totally ignored the question. She tweaked my beads and said, "you're always so color coordinated." Well, that is something I want to be, but I just told her thanks, that he does not, but is willing to answer any question I have about if this will go with that.

The thing I have a hard time putting up with is, "do you know who I am?" I think that is passive bullying. So the last time someone asked me that, I laughed and countered, "what kind of a question is that? Do you go around asking people that?"

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of jan howells via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 9:37 PM

I always told by family members that I am dumb, stupid, and incompetent. I had no self esteem. My family still thinks that because I cannot see. I was always degraded by my family. My aunt got hollered at by the Seeing Eye. She cried and blamed me.
I did not tell her to degrade in front of them and answer questions during my interview at the same time while I was answering my questions. That was very awkward and embarrassing.

Jan

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.