locked Re: warning if you doing business

chris judge

That's terrible. I don't know how such people become teachers.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela
Dominguez
Sent: March 8, 2020 6:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] warning if you doing business

I went to what used to be called the Industrial Home for the Blind: IHB for
short. It is now Helen Keller Services. Anyway, I was supposed to be
learning to be a switchboard operator. This was in 1973. They would play
tricks on me. I would feel as if I was handling things fine, and the
teacher would come up and ask me: "What's the matter? Are you feeling
sick, today?" When I really did have a headache and feel lousy, I would be
told: "Oh, you are doing so well, today!" Finally one day, my mother and I
were called into my counselor's office for a meeting. I was told that I was
not doing well in switchboard. I couldn't figure out why. They then told
me they didn't know what else they could do for me, and they suggested I go
to the epilepsy foundation, and see if they could help me. The way they
treated me got me extremely depressed. Pam.