locked Re: fake out!!

chris judge

Smile, yes if she only knew. A couple of years ago an older gentlemen, who was a Catholic priest, became blind. The catholic diasis treated him like a lepper. They couldn't wait to get him out of the church and were not the least bit interested in working with us to help find solutions so the poor guy could continue doing gods work, which was his passion. Great Christian message there.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: March 8, 2020 6:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fake out!!

Hi Group,

As long as we're into this intense discussion about the nature and purpose of education/life/existence, I thought I would add a little levity to the discussion.

My very Catholic family knew a number of clergy when I was a little boy. When I went blind at around twelve years old, I overheard my mother being counseled by a nun. One of the things she said was: "Well, I know this must be very difficult to deal with (having a blind child) but think of it Ann, you won't have to worry about his teenage years--you know--maturity--having sex before marriage--and so on.

This nun must have thought in her relatively restricted environment that blind people wouldn't be sexual or involved in all that evils stuff.

(SOLID CAPS) IF SHE ONLY KNEW...!

On 3/8/2020 4:04 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

With all the discussion today, I thought I would share the story of a
friend of mine. I won't share his name because that would not be
wise. However, I tell this story to emphasize the fact that everyone
should be encouraged to do his or her best!

This friend of mine is fully sighted. He was labeled as having severe
learning differences. When he was in Middle School, the head of the
special Ed dept. of his school told his parents that "I'm so sorry,
but we just don't think your son will amount to much because of his
learning difficulties.".

Needless to say, his parents took him out of that particular school
and enrolled him elsewhere. They also employed me to tutor him. I
worked with him for a couple of years.

My student and friend graduated from high school, Community College
with honors, Rochester Institute of Technology with honors. He is
currently working in a managerial position in a company here in
Rochester, earning six figures! He is happily married and his wife
is expecting! They own a house!

I would just love to stand in front of that Special Education twit of
an administrator and just say, "Fake out, you bastard!!" That would
give me extreme pleasure!! My friend is soccessful, in whatever way
you measure success!

So if somebody tells you that you won't amount to much, thank them and
then prove them wrong!!

Ann P.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.