locked Re: fake out!!

Michael Mote

I have been following this thread of messages, and wasn't sure if I
should post or not, but I decided to do so after reading the story of
the man who was told he wouldn't amount to much. That mentality is so
unbelievable to me. I know it exists in many people. I have had
countless opportunities to see that side of people, but also the other
side, when I was given a chance to prove what I could do. I was very
fortunate to be given a wonderful education from K-12. Then, I went to
college, and wanted to major in communications. I was told by the
department head that I would not be able to do that, since the video
classes that I could not take were indeed required courses. He was not
willing to make any adjustments, and I did not ask him to do so.
Somehow though, in just two years, they did make changes, and those
curriculum adjustments allowed me to graduate with a degree in my
chosen field. I will never forget the awkward conversation I had with
the same department on the day before I walked across that stage to
receive my diploma. I must say, it was a satisfying moment in my
career. thankfully, I have gone on to enjoy more success, and have
proven the doubters wrong along the way. I have had my share of
disappointments as well. I have been told on many occasions that I
would get a call back for a job opportunity, and I'm still waiting on
those people to call me back. They never will, so I move on. I am
currently happily employes now, and as far as I am concerned, I'm glad
those people who lied about a call back never did call. It turned out
better for me anyway. I will close by saying this. Success depends on
the person. If you want something bad enough, you can have it. Lists
like these help those of us who use technology every day learn more
about how to do things to help us be more independent, and ultimately
more successful. I think discussions like these are helpful. You get
to hear a lot of different perspectives, from a lot of blind and
visually impaired people. Thanks all for sharing.

On 3/9/20, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:
Smile, yes if she only knew. A couple of years ago an older gentlemen, who
was a Catholic priest, became blind. The catholic diasis treated him like a
lepper. They couldn't wait to get him out of the church and were not the
least bit interested in working with us to help find solutions so the poor
guy could continue doing gods work, which was his passion. Great Christian
message there.