Re: I'm being overrun by spam

Troy Burnham

I'm not being spammed by businesses, it's the really bad stuff such as call so and so for a good time. I don't think that's been an actual subject line although with as much as I'm getting it might be because I've just been selecting and deleting what I get, but that gives an idea.

I would just ignore the folder, but occasionally a legitimate e-mail does land there and I have to go fish it out.

Troy

On 3/10/2020 9:43 PM, TerriLynne Pomeroy wrote:
Blocking does seem to work well with legitimate businesses such as Famous Footware. However, some people sending junk e-mail seem to be able to block your block, or they can also send from different email addresses so that the block is bypassed.

TerriLynne
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 8:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I'm being overrun by spam

Another option may be to block them.
It is possible that your are getting multiple messages from the same sender.
At least they are going to your spam folder.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of TerriLynne Pomeroy
Sent: March-10-20 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I'm being overrun by spam

You can unsubscribe from most of that stuff, although I have found that as a blind person, the unsubscribe link can be impossible to find.

TerriLynne

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 6:25 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] I'm being overrun by spam

Hi all,

I'm running windows 10 version 1809 and thunderbird version 64.4.2 with both a road runner e-mail account and a gmail account set up in thunderbird. Over the past couple of weeks I've been receiving a ton of spam and I'm not sure where it's coming from because I never used to get any at all. It's all going to my spam folder in thunderbird but is there anything I can do to stop it? Btw I can't tell if it's mostly coming from road runner or gmail, but I receive very little actual e-mail from road runner anymore so if I had to guess I'd say it's coming from gmail.
I haven't made any changes that I can think of either, and I've deleted cookies and other such things as that.

Thanks.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.